Friday, May 02, 2014

Lately

We've had a little burst of warm (almost hot) weather this week. The trees and flowers are having the time of their lives, filling the air with pollen that dusts my car and makes my eyes itchy. At least I don't get sneezy and congested like some. The last two days were warm enough that I fell asleep with my bedroom window open, and during the day the house is full of birdsong through the windows, punctuated by the buzz and chirp of hummingbirds visiting our growing collection of feeders.

I'm so ready for Summer to arrive. The school year just seems to drag on and on... I'm ready to get my kids home for days and days of togetherness. I've ordered our curriculum for "Mama School" and can hardly wait to get started! There will be cursive and art and anatomy and reading and music. Not full time, mind you, but a few hours here and there, keeping us all on our toes and learning together.
Flowering Cherry :: Sharing :: Blazing Sky :: Best Friends :: Tiny :: Hail :: Speckled :: Crab Apple :: Putting out the Bait :: Hummer Food and Tattoos :: Flowering Currant :: Run :: Cherry Bark :: Bleeding Hearts :: My Babies :: Mock Solomon's Seal :: Sandals and Skirts :: Kitty Heaven

6 comments:

P.J. said...

Beautiful!

SewAmy said...

beautiful as always! Can I ask where you got your very cute hummingbird feeders?

Pam in IL said...

I have the same hummingbird feeders. How do you keep the ants out of them? I love the way you have yours hanging. I also held summer school with my girls and I love that you call yours "Mama School". What curriculum are you using? Thanks for sharing your great photos.

Judy said...

Your photos are always such a joy to see.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Jennifer M said...

Beautiful pictures Beth!

Frances said...

Such beautiful photos!