Thursday, December 03, 2009

Hello, December

You, with your hard frost and soft snow,
stark skies and bare branches, Hello.
Your promise of festive delights,
heartfelt carols and family embrace
beckons me.



Project Christmas Decoration Takeover has commenced!

And in true Beth fashion, inspiration struck in the midst of decorating yesterday, and therefore the decorating came to a screeching halt. That space on my kitchen wall, I decided, NEEDS a Partridge in a Pear Tree penny rug. And my search online for an existing pattern did not turn up anything that was "just" what I wanted. So, I dug into my scraps (first rule... no new stash is to be acquired), and started this:

6 comments:

VickieV said...

Beth, your kids are just adorable! What a wonderful room, looks so cozy and that's a lovely partridge design. Long may the inspirations last!

Nancy said...

So far so beautiful! Beth, I love your partridge penny rug!

Patti said...

Oh how I love your penny rug!!! Now you are a penny rug designer, too :) Isn't it funny how when inspiration strikes all else stops?!
Blessings, Patti

Dora said...

Your beautiful children admiring the nativity scene is precious.
The penny rug is looking great. Show us when you finish it.

Lorraine said...

I just love the expression on your children. I can imagine how Jack was sharing about the Nativity to his little sister, and it looks like Katie was quite taken by it! So sweet! I love the way your penny rug is coming along, can't wait to see the finished product!

Julie said...

Excellent, excellent start on the penny rug! Where ever did you come up with that??? Clever girl! ;-)