Friday, December 04, 2009

On Display

Until December 19, several of my sampler models will be on display at Acorns & Threads.

I was there Tuesday evening for their open stitch group... what a fun time that was! Being a bit of a homebody, and living in a somewhat rural area, I can count on one hand the people I know nearby that stitch. And none of them are what I would call avid stitchers.

So, being surrounded by so many, so mutually in love with stitching was pretty amazing! There were even a few sampler enthusiasts there, an occurance even more rare out here in the West, but most surprising to me were the two men! I confess that I didn't get much stitching done myself, and the long drive there of just over an hour each way will prevent me from being a regular, but I will certainly be back.

If you are living anywhere close to this wonderful shop and have never visited, you absolutely NEED to... they stock every fiber under the sun, have a fabulous linen selection, and the charts, so many charts... Take lots of money, because you will not want to leave empty handed!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the display of your beautiful workmanship! How exciting it is to see all those pieces of art! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Oh, I wished I lived closer......
Those are beautiful on display!
You are indeed a talented lady!
Enjoy the season.

Jennifer Dalenberg
Feathers in the Nest

maggiesfarm said...

Lucky me...I can practically walk there! I'll be stopping by to see your samplers very soon. :)
Merrie

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh I wish you would have a trunk show in Ohio at the Craft Gallery..I would love to see it! Dianntha

marylin said...

Hello, I discover your blog, and I find him(it) magnificent, you inhale the joy of living and you réliser of very beautiful things! I am French and I do not speak English, I thus pass by a translator, it is not easy, but I just wanted to say to you that I found your magnificent blog! Best regards of FRANCE! Marylin