Friday, December 25, 2009

A Free Chart for the New Year

Today has been a very nice, quiet, relaxing day here at home. I found myself thinking of the upcoming year and all that it may hold. I am not one for making resolutions, but I do find that a fresh new year always inspires me to reflect and re-focus.

I think that two virtues we could all aspire to get better at are Courage and Charity.

And so, I give to you, as my gift for the New Year, "A Brave New Year" sampler, inspired by the many wonderful old Dutch samplers I so often admire in online galleries and books (left click to open in full size, then right click and save to your computer):

Here is how I picture the colors:

DMC 221, 676, 839, 841, 926, 3011, and 3773... but please interpret it however you wish. And if you like it enough to stitch it up, will you please share a photo with me? Feel free to stitch it for yourself or to give to another, or even a limited number may be stitched for sale, but as always, please respect my gift and give credit to me as the designer.

Wishing you a year that includes Courageous Action, and in which you find yourself the recipient of unexpected Charities. And most of all, a year in which you also Give, uninhibited, to Others... Love, Compassion, Understanding, Mercy, and Hope.

12 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

That is so pretty! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
I love this design and will add it to my stitching basket!
Courage and charity are definitely great goals for the year next year.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Nancy said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas Day! Thank you for the pretty sampler to welcome the New Year!

Diana said...

Merry Christmas to you! Thanks so much for the gift of a sampler pattern. I think your suggestion to all of us to give to others in the coming year is a great idea. I myself have been thinking about becoming active in The Boys and Girls Club in the coming year.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. Thank you Beth. Courage and Charity - I know I could use a lot of the former, and the latter I would say we should think of forms other than monetary. Definitely something to think about!

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful chart! I may make this my New Year's Day Start!!!

Blessings to you and your family in the upcoming year.

Myra said...

Thank you for the lovely gift chart. I am looking forward to a brave, new, year. I "told myself" (yes, I talk to myself sometimes) that I wasn't going to start anything else before the New Year but after seeing this, I might have to rethink that. :o)

Lorraine B said...

Thank you, Beth! A Happy New Year filled with many of God's blessings to you and your family through this new year. I love what you have shared about courage and charity. We all need to courage to place ourselves out of our comfort zone and focus on others. Thank you! I love the sampler.......thank you for thinking of us!

Berit said...

Followed a Link from Myra's blog; thanks for the darling chart--and admirable sentiment for 2010.

COUSON said...

What a splendid gift! I'm really grateful.A wonderfull happy new year to you.Love.Couson

VickieV said...

Dear Beth, thanks so much for the lovely gift! Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year! Courage and charity will surely be needed as we face the looming clouds coming our way.

Anonymous said...

This was a really fun stitch! A brave new year to you as well!

Milly~ said...

Darling design. I look forward to stitching it.