Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Chickens

I just realized that I never showed you the (nearly) finished "Chic Chalet". I say nearly, because there is one triangle-shaped piece of chicken wire yet to go up. But the growing girls are moved in and loving their new play yard. We even convinced our remaining layer from last years' gaggle to join the babies; she clucks and complains a lot, but that's because she doesn't realize the move has most likely lengthened her lifespan by a few years.

Their first move-along by the tractor went without a hitch (get it... hitch? hahaha...ahem.) We thought they would be in a frenzy when their home started to move, but they seemed to think it was great fun and ran right along with it, pecking at the fresh new grass.

Keep eating and growing, chickies, I'm really ready for some of your fresh eggs.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I came over to your blog from dogtrot. I do not have a blog so I guess I'm just a lurker! Hope you don't mind my being here.

I had to tell you, that has got the be the best looking chicken coop I have ever seen.