Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oz Dress

I'm doing it! Im really and truly sewing clothes! Okay, so maybe I've only finished two things, but hey, the fact that I have another two projects started, and one of them is actually for myself says a LOT about my growing confidence.

I made this dress using the same pattern (by ManiMina) as the last one, but with elastic at the neckline, lengthened sleeves with elasticized bell cuffs, a lengthened hemline, and a bit of vintage crochet lace at the waist. The fabric is called "Oz Dizzy Black" and is by Moda.

When Katie saw it hanging there on the cupboard knob, she ran over saying, "My FOWER DESS!" and proceeded to kiss it with big exaggerated "Mwuh, Mwuh, Mwuh" sounds, then said, "Oh, Mama... I wear it? Fower dess?"

My little blue jean baby ASKING to wear a dress? I guess I got this one right.


7 comments:

joann boswell said...

uber cute (yes, i said "uber" - sue me).

Marie said...

maybe she was a blue jean baby only because that's what you thought she was and dressed her that way.... :^)
I have a feeling that if you are providing such cute dresses for her she will gladly wear them. It sure looks like it with this one anyway!
Darling dress!! Darling little girl!!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

She is such a doll, Beth. Too sweet in no matter what she wears but your handmades are beautiful!!!

Tanya

Kelly said...

Your little girl is so adorable. Good job on the sewing project. Soon you will have lots of confidence and more WIPs. Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest creation. You can tell that your model loves her new dress. Keep up the good work, getting better at sewing clothes only comes with practice, that is sewing more clothes. Can't wait to see the one for you.

Dora said...

Another fabulous dress! I love the lace.

VickieV said...

The dress is sweet and Katie looks adorable in it!