Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sunshine at Last

After living through the third wettest May on record, this first day of REAL sunshine (not overcast, not sunbreaks in between rain showers, but real all-day-long sunshine) feels simply amazing.

Reading all of your blog posts from the East coast and Middle states about eating fresh strawberries, and escaping the heat, and drinking lemonade, has been a tad bit depressing.

I am hopeful that the worst is over and the warm weather months will commence.

As of right now, 12:45 pm, I have made breakfast for my family and cleaned the kitchen, ran 2 loads of laundry through the washer, have 2 loaves of bread on their last rising and ready to bake, mowed the front lawn (by hand... with my reel mower),

and filled an entire wheelbarrow with weeds.

Now the kids are eating their lunch, and just as soon as I get them down for their nap, this is where I'll be...

I must be a solar-powered battery, because this sunshine has me Energized!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mountain view indeed. Love the old push mower. I use to use one until the barrings went out. How long does it take you to mow with that? Definately good exercise for someone.Don't forget to take a stitching break every now and them and get out of the heat.

Jeanne said...

Well, all that rain certainly gave you beautiful grass...you've got a great looking lawn !! Wish my lawn looked that good...must be all our heat. Enjoy your sunshine!

Marie said...

You know the saying, "Make hay while the sun shines". Looks like you're doing it!! How industrious you are to also have been baking bread and doing laundry! You're amazing!
Love you!

Deb said...

We've had tons of rain around here too. Some places got up to 4" last night - and a couple tornados. Not something that happens all that much in Michigan. Hope that the sun comes out and stays out for a few good days.

Loraine said...

Glad you received some beautiful sunshine. Love your reel mower! You accomplished so much in that short period of time. Good for you! We had a rainy weekend and I am hoping for some sunshine those weeds in the garden are in for a big surprise as soon as it dries up a bit!!! How is the chicken RV coming along? Have a great week!

VickieV said...

What an idyllic place to live! You've done wonders with your reel mower. I've got a couple of them but they don't work very well on the awful grass I have. Keep up the good work!