Thursday, July 01, 2010

A Little Something

I got really brave last week and made a tiny little Summer dress for someone other than family. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but let's hope together that I got the fit right and that it is liked and enjoyed!

I used the same pattern again as the last two times, this time using two contrasting fabrics and adding an elastic waistband.

Adding a big button at the waistband (very securely attached!) for little fingers to play with.

I don't have a double needle, but I went slow, and think I did a pretty darn good job of lining up those rows of topstitch if I do say so myself.

In other news, I did finish a Summer dress for myself yesterday afternoon. By the time I was done, I looked a bit like Medusa on a bad day, so you'll have to wait to see it until I can get myself prettied up and have someone take photos.

Thank you so much kiddos, for being good little kittens and playing nicely for such long periods of time while Mama fiddles with thread and cloth. How about going with me to see the fireworks this weekend as a big, giant, reward?

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Very sweet, Beth! You did a great job. I love the colors! Have a wonderful holiday!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Wish it would fit me!!!! Love it.

Tanya

heather said...

Very nice, Beth!

Christi said...

I am impressed with your faux double needle work. I have a sewing machine just waiting for me to work up the courage to start playing. Maybe your work will eventually inspire me to try. P.S. it was great seeing you last weekend.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Oh, I LOVE THIS! I was just thinking the other day, I should brave it and try to make a top for myself. Oh, I love to sew if I only knew how better, I think I would never get up from the machine!
I love the teal color and the gold contrast!

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest