Monday, September 13, 2010

Why I'll be Crawling up the Stairs Today

Hamilton Mountain... seven miles round trip with an elevation gain of 2,100 feet.




Little people in a big forest.

Hm, lets see... "Difficult" or "More Difficult" which trail would YOU take?


My trusty Doc Martens... the best traction for gravelly and steep terrain, but not much toe padding. So I wore three pair of socks and hoped for the best. Today my toes are a bit bruised from the steep descent, but no blisters (thank you, socks)!


Evidence of the volcanic origins of this area, that is an ages-old basaltic lava flow you are looking at. And we made it to the top. Of THAT. And then some more.



Mt. Adams

Mt. Hood

At the end of our adventure, I scarfed this down faster than you can say "Charburger in Cascade Locks".

And I was still hungry.

1 comment:

maggiesfarm said...

I've hiked that one too. :) The stop at Charburger is essential. See you Thursday!

Merrie