Friday, April 15, 2011

Thirsty Hart... the Second New Design Released Today!

Another new design for you today... now listed in my etsy shop and also available directly through me via email (beth@heartstringsamplery.com).

Inspired by old samplers with lush bowers of vines and flowers... Detailed floral borders, stags resting in green meadows... And a favorite passage in scripture, Psalm 42:1, which I added in the King James Version, because I love the old English phrasing:

“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God”.

If you love stitching large, detailed samplers, then this is a sampler for you.

Stitch Count: 262 x 230
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 40ct. Putty.

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0112 Grasshopper, 0320 Old Brick, 7000 Harvest Basket, 7019 Pomegranate, 7041 Apple Cider, 7057 Roasted Marshmallow, 7060 Picnic Basket, 7080 Endive

And flosses from Weeks Dye Works: 1230 Havana, 1330 Baked Apple,2202 Bullfrog, 2219 Whiskey

Conversion to DMC provided with the pattern.

Also includes a full Upper and Lower case Alphabet and Number set for customization.

10 comments:

Joy said...

It's beautiful!

woollylottrugs said...

Beautiful Sampler Beth! Love the verse.

Cyndi xxoo

Devon said...

Oh my that is beautiful,,another one I have to add to my list..

Patti said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! I love everything about it! I'm not very good at working on projects this big, but am extrememly tempted - I think that I might just have to give it a try...

Blessings, Patti

Siobhán said...

It's beautiful!

My kids and I were oohing and aahing over the pics of the puppies. I am SO glad there is an ocean separating us!! LOL SOOOOOO cute.

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful sampler! Everything about it is just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.

Kim said...

This is very beautiful Beth!!! I also love the verse you used~ God has so much to say to us~~

Colleen said...

Lovely!

Paulette said...

Beth, this is a stunning sampler - it's breathtaking! Must. Have. Love!

Paulette