Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blooming

With some good doses of sunshine lately, the entire landscape is bursting into bloom.
A banner year for our native Dogwood trees, which only seem to have a bloom like this every several years; some Spring seasons there are literally only a handful of blooms on an entire tree.
The Oregon Grape bushes are loaded too. I just might have to try my hand at making a little native jelly this Summer.
Our Crabapple tree is always a favorite. That deep cherry color in the blooms is stunning in person.
Even our mystery bush is getting into the action with a few restrained bursts of petal.
But none outshines our double-blooming Flowering Plum trees, which look so fluffy I could eat them right up. And I don't even like cotton candy.
On tap for the weekend... planting the vegetable garden. Hooray!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm planting my vegetable garden this weekend too! woohoo!

The mystery plant for this year is cantaloupe. I have my doubts that it'll actually produce, but that's what makes it a mystery! :)

Heidi said...

Hi Beth! You are so lucky to have a true spring with all the blooms to enjoy. We have not had spring here in Holland and it is almost summer. It is so damp and we are still wearing sweaters. But still I have great hopes as regardless of this weather, my newly planted up herb garden is looking beautiful.

One positive thing about this weather? It is perfect to stay indoors with needle and thread. :-)

Enjoy your garden!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Thoeria said...

Those blooms are just marvelous :) Reminds me that even though our leaves are yellow and our trees bare, we'll have those lovely blooms here again before you know it!

Lorraine (Maine) said...

Hi Beth, thank you for sharing those beautiful blooms. I was thrilled to see the dogwood blooms. That is my absolute favorite tree ever!!!! We are planting some more veggies this weekend. It is an exciting time. We do have some of the cold loving plants already in, peas are popping through, onions are thriving, beets are poking through. This is such a lovely time of the year. Enjoy your weekend!