Friday, July 27, 2007

Has Anyone Seen My Brain???

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't tell on myself, but I did something so ridiculous yesterday that I was nearly in tears laughing at myself.

First my disclaimer: it has already been properly noted that I become increasingly more absent minded and forgetful as my pregnancies progress. Okay, on with the story.

Jack was down for his nap, and I was craving a baked potato. So, I microwaved some red potatoes, cut them up, topped them with lots of melty cheddar cheese then some creamy ranch dressing- YUM! I then sat down at my computer desk to do some browsing while I munched my lunch. Realizing that my print job was stalled because I was out of paper, I stood up, set my plate full of potato down and re-filled the printer.

It was almost instantly after I sat down that I realized my placenta brain-induced blunder, as I felt moist warmth seep through the seat of my pants. Yeah. I SAT ON MY POTATOES.

My reflex was to immediatly jump back up and put my hand to my rear- it came back covered with ranch and melty cheese. OY. I was laughing so hard, it was all I could do to stay on my feet.

Fortunately, my potatoes didn't suffer too much, they just got a little flattened. My jeans were deposited in the wash machine and were clean and dry shortly after Jack woke up from his nap.

And there you have it. I have officially lost my brain. Or at least misplaced it for the next 6 months. Don't ask me to do anything important or you just might regret it.

2 comments:

Krisbby said...

Beth,
That is a really funny story. Glad you still got to eat your potatoes.

Hey, I have wanted to say hello for awhile, but it wouldn't let me until I opened an account...which I now have.

A quick update is that...we have a foster daughter who is 11 months old. There is a possibility that we may be able to adopt her, but no guarantees. We have had her since April and we are loving her. For some fun pix, go to my blog. Anyway...I have some stuff that I actually need to do while she is napping, so I better stop chatting and get working. Congrats on your pregnancy! That is very exciting. Talk to you soon!
Love,
Kristen

Marie said...

I saw it coming!! As soon as you said you stood up and put your plate down I started laughing! Funny! Did you go ahead and eat the potatoes?