Monday, December 22, 2008

Oy Vey...

We lost power for about 45 minutes last night around 9pm. We had already shut most everything down, because the lights had been flickering so much. So when it was restored so quickly, I think we got a little over-confident. We should have instead been filling every empty container with water and pre-brewing our morning coffee.

We lost power once again sometime in the wee hours of the morning, and it was out ALL DAY LONG, as well as our phone line. We have a wood stove as our primary source of heat, so we were warm, and our pantry is relatively well stocked, but try keeping a pre-schooler and pre-toddler AND restless husband happy all day while the snow continues to dump outside. I am bushed!

Now that the power has been restored (I let out a war-whoop that was so loud I am certain the PGE crew heard it from the road!), we once again have filled our containers with water, we have eaten a hot meal, and are trying to get caught up on the other things that matter... like YOU!

Here are some more photos. These I managed to get onto my Facebook page before losing power yesterday, so some of you have seen them already...

Birds of a Feather, flocking Together... Dove, Junco, and Bluejay:

Ice-glazed snow...

The house at night... Beth getting tricky with a tri-pod and time-lapse!


Ice daggers on the pumphouse.

And the snow continues to fall...


We now have 20 inches on the ground (with several more days of snow in the forecast- this is OREGON, people!). You should have seen me on my walk today, forging through the snow, which was up to my knees. I felt like an old battle-axe! But I got some more great photos, and if the power stays on, I will get them posted later tonight. But first, I am going to go finish making some chocolate chip cookies for our neighbor, who had already pulled half a dozen large broken branches off of our driveway before we even knew they had fallen.

3 comments:

joann boswell said...

Stop it snow!!! I want to see my Twists!!! Glad you got your power back...after our very brief conversation I went out and told the Shire's and Mama & Daddy (who chained up to get out of their apartment). We all groaned for you. And now I'm war-wooping in my soul (Donny is asleep, afterall) for you. May the roads be Clear by Set Whittaker Christmas day.

Julie said...

I'm glad you got your power back. And I LOVE your home! Especially at night. It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell picture. It's perfect!

Patti said...

What a lovely corner of the world you live in! Each and every snow photo is absolutely beautiful - don't stop taking them! My absolute faves are of your home - with warm glowing windows against the beautiful winter wonderland! The true definition of ~*home*~

Wishing you and your family a blessed and safe Christmas (without any power outages!) Patti