Tuesday, December 02, 2008

More Decking of the Halls

I couldn't find a frame in my stash to fit my Noel Dancers, but I found something better... a vintage Italian wooden tray that seems made to frame their lovely forms!

And there they live, to the left of our mantel. I'm not sure I'll be able to take them down once the season is over...

The fourth stocking in our family collection has been eluding me for a year and a half now, so when I was at Goodwill yesterday and spotted the sweetest little sweater, I knew that my search was over, and this afternoon, said sweater became a stocking. Can you tell which it is? (the second from the right- I'll have to take some close-ups tomorrow in daylight).

And finally, I am not at all disappointed that the little sampler I had listed didn't sell. I started it out high because I kinda wanted to keep it. And now it lives here, just to the right of the mantel:

I hope to find a dark old frame without paint for it to permanently live in, but for now the cream will do.

I hope that you all are having as much fun decorating as me! And now I am going to go relax, watch It's a Wonderful Life, and do some stitching...

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

My suitcase is packed - your home looks just far too cozy so I'm heading over. LOL!

LOVE the way you've displayed your dancers. That's so much more striking than just a frame!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Beth, your home looks so warm & inviting...I wish I could come for tea & cookies & just sit & stitch with you a while~
Your papercutting of your tiny dancers is so beautiful! I love the tray you put them on...

Blessed be!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

The papercutting is absolutely darling. It is one of the best I've seen by far! I just don't know how you do it all with two little kiddo's. What a lovely home so cozy!!!
:)Ginger