Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A New Sampler in the Works

Much to my delight, I discovered that I can still stitch a sampler, even with a cumbersome bandaged index finger (which is healing nicely). I had chosen to stitch my next large-scale sampler model on a pretty loosely woven 28 count linen, so I don't have to be quite so nimble with my fingers to accomplish something. Whew! So, although I will be falling a bit short on hand-made Christmas gifts for the year, I can give you a sneak peek at my next design...

I jumbled it all up with my photo program...tee hee!

It will measure roughly 12 by 15 inches, and is a charmingly naive motif sampler based loosely on an antique sampler which I fell in love with because it featured, of all things, CAKES!

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, I love it!

JEN said...

Will you bring it to Christmas so I can see it? :)