Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kingdom Come... Finished!


Kingdom Come, Carriage House Samplings...
Stitched on 32 count coffee-dyed linen using WDW fibers in similar color values to original charted colors. I added the paraphrased scripture verse (Isaiah 11:6 ASV) to top and bottom so that it would better fit the vintage frame I wanted to put it in. And... I accidentally switched the color value of the bushes in the middle, but my excuse is good... I was watching Australia (Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman) and was so engrossed in the story that I failed to pay close attention to what I was doing!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on your gorgeous finish! Don't you just love using vintage frames?

Jeanne said...

Very nice...love the colors, and the "accidentally" switch looks great. I could be "engrossed" with Hugh Jackman anyday !! lol..

Julie said...

You mean you couldn't keep your eyes off the perfectly dashing hunk named Hugh long enough to pay attention to your color hues!!! Ugu...we know what was really going on in your mind. ;o) LOL

Petra said...

Beautiful sampler...how do you find the time? Congrats on the finish! You're quite the inspiration!