Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

I was up early this morning, and didn't sleep well last night, due to a head cold, and related breathing problems.

But I am thankful.

I have been blessed in so many ways in my life.

I was raised in a loving, supportive family, with two parents and four siblings whom I am glad to have as friends for life (not to mention the four significant others and growing batch of niece and nephews).

I am married to my soulmate, a man who is truly a perfect match for me (and who brought with him a lovely family with whom I am glad to be an add-on).

I have two sweet children who give me hugs and kisses every day, and whom I love so deeply it hurts sometimes (even when they are being naughty!)

My home is sound, warm and dry, and is surrounded by trees and fields and sky, the next best thing to Heaven, as I imagine it.

My creative endeavors have been met with open arms by the crafting world, adding fuel to my artistic fires, and giving me joy daily (my dream job!).

But most of all, I am humbled and blessed to be counted a Daughter of God. Despite my own and often lack of faithfulness, I know to the depths of my soul that I have been saved by Grace. A girl could live without any of those other things and still be content in that knowledge.

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Beth!

Karan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day. :0)

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Wow! You really do have a perfect life!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Marie said...

Very well said, Beth!
...And YOU are one of the sweet blessings in my life. I am very grateful for you, as well as for your siblings and all those little ones! And I'm blessed to know that you are not only my daughter, but also my sister in the Lord -- a relationship that will go on forever!!

Patti said...

Beth,
So well said! You put into words exactly how I feel about my own life! And I am thankful to have you as a blogging friend and a creative inspiration...
Blessings, Patti

Amy said...

Beth . . . I am so happy Matt found you. A match made in heaven I believe. God loves you & you touch many in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!