Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Pattern Release... Great Grandma Johanne's Birth Sampler

This sampler is the second in a series of four, which have been designed to honor my Great-Grandmothers. To read more about the life of Johanne, scroll down and read yesterday's post.


In the photograph, I included the silver fork and spoon engraved with the date of Johanne and Olaus' wedding, which is also my wedding anniversary (something that I didn't know until my wedding day had nearly arrived). The crock was also owned by them, and most likely was purchased when Olaus first immigrated to the US, for his very first place of residence here was Red Wing, Minnesota. The wool coverlet was woven by a family member as a gift, and was possibly patched by Johanne.

Included with the pattern is a complete upper and lower case alphabet and number set so that you can customize this sampler to honor the life or death of someone you love. ***ADDED: I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT AN AMERICAN FLAG CHART IS ALSO INCLUDED, SINCE MOST OF YOU WON'T WANT A NORWEGIAN FLAG ON YOUR SAMPLER! I ALSO WILL OFFER TO ANYONE WHO PURCHASES DIRECTLY FROM ME OR THROUGH MY ETSY SHOP AN ADDED CHART OF THE COUNTRY FLAG OF THEIR CHOICE BY REQUEST***

There is also an instruction sheet telling you my method of inserting a photograph into the finished sampler.

Stitch Count: 230 x 150

Model stitched on Zweigart 40ct. New Castle Cream linen
which was then stained upon completion.

Using DMC flosses:
221, 676, 680, 840, 926, 928, 3011, 3013, 3859, ecru

The lovely frame is an antique.

You may purchase the pattern through my etsy shop, but if you aren't an etsy user, you can contact me directly via email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

You can also wait and buy from your local needlework shop. My distributors will receive their shipment early next week. If your LNS doesn't carry my designs, ask! I am still so new to the market that there are many out there who don't know about my work, and I am counting on you to help spread the word.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Beautiful, Beth! What a great way to honor your Gr.Grandmothers!

Dora said...

Beth,
This is so beautiful and meaningful. I love the floral border and the the flag representing her birth country.
Another outstanding design!!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous sampler!!! Hey Beth, be sure you check out the Comments on my Strawberries blog post!

Kathy