Thursday, July 05, 2012

The Bombs Bursting in Air

After last year's mis-interpretation of our small town's firework display invitation, we arrived this year informed by experience and ready for a great show. And armed with a certain picnic quilt that was celebrating its first anniversary.
 There were new shoes...
 and glowsticks...
 and cousins with glowsticks...
 and Luigis with glowsticks.
And the fireworks were perfectly centered in our view of the sky, and they lasted just long enough, with just the right amount of build-up to the finale.
It did take me awhile to get my fingers thawed once I got home, and I have to run to town this morning to meet the lady that found my phone in the middle of the grassy field (while looking for her keys, no less), but I have a week of sunshine and weather in the 80's (what? yes!) ahead of me, so call me happy. Well, don't call me quite yet, have to go get that phone first... and believe me, I'll have a pint of fresh strawberries for that generous soul. So very happy she didn't decide to keep it for herself and rack up a huge bill calling Guatemala.

1 comment:

marly said...

You're thawing fingers??? Wow. Nice clear photos!