Monday, August 20, 2012

Farmgirls

Once upon a time, I was a high school student. For a brief few months, my life paralleled the life of a girl who I believed was a true kindred spirit. We passed notes in class and made popcorn balls and talked about boys and teachers and the drama of being trapped in a teenage world. Then her life path headed off in a different direction and we lost touch.

Fast forward twenty years or so to a world which has been changed by Mark Zuckerberg and the Winklevoss twins. Yes... Facebook has certain benefits, one being the ability to find those random people from your past that you always wondered about.

Well, this time she found me. And we both write blogs and keep shop on etsy and live in the country and grow gardens and tend animals and love old things and make art.

And now we have matching Farmgirl mugs. That we drink our morning coffee out of (mine black, hers mostly cream) while we read each others' blog posts.

I like being in full circle stories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice and wonderful that you can catch up after all these years, what a lovely post.

gracie said...

What a wonderful story...

Mrs Pretzel said...

I love the "we" have a story!!

Mrs Pretzel said...

sheeze. I love THAT (not the)