Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Now That's a Jack-o-Lantern!

All season long, they've watched as their own special pumpkins grew and ripened. The little one was out at the Pumpkin Patch nearly every day checking progress.

And still, when I announced that it was the day we get to pick your pumpkins! I was taken aback by how excited they got. I mean, for pete's sake, the pumpkin patch is in view of their bedroom window. Not that extra-special if you ask me, but rather all in a harvest-day's work.

It would seem I've forgotten how to be a kid.
So sad for me... so happy for them.
My goodness, my kids have grown.
And then the little one spotted a Wooly Bear Caterpillar. And I realized that I still know how to get excited about some little things. I guess I'm not completely a lost (kid-at-heart) cause.

1 comment:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

That's a pretty decent sized pumpkin your son has there and I see he is missing a tooth - has the tooth fairy paid him a visit yet? Nature provides endless entertainment for us dosn't it? Wishing you and the youngsters a Happy Halloween - :) Amanda