Monday, November 05, 2012

*NEW* Pomegranate Birds

This is one of two brand new designs being released today... now doesn't that make you happy? It makes me happy...

The graphic appeal of an old Persian carpet with gigantic pots of flowers and birds, perhaps not a traditional sampler inspiration item... But often in those old rugs I see enough parallels in style and motifs, that I wonder if some of the schoolgirls and their teachers of centuries before didn’t also draw inspiration from the imported carpets on their parlor floors.

No matter if that is the case or not, I have often found myself drawn to those old hand-made carpets from the East, and completely understand why they were such a popular decorating item in British and American homes during the Victorian era.

The entire model is worked with cross stitches, using one thread worked over-two.

Stitch Count: 150 x 121
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 40ct Sand

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0540 Brandy, 7007 Cidermill Brown, 7019 Pomegranate, 7039 Bayberry, 7057 Roasted Marshmallow, 7080 Endive, 7082 Piney Woods

And from Weeks Dye Works: 1236 Mocha, 1267 Kris’ Bon Bon, 2219 Whiskey, 2253 Sanguine

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

4 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love your new design.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

This is just gorgeous. A must have for sure.
~Nan

Donna G. said...

I love the colors! Very nice design!

Patty C. said...

Gorgeous!