Friday, May 05, 2017

*NEW* All the Pretty Flowers

In the midst of the winter months, when the world around me is drab and soggy, when all of the plants and trees are taking a well-deserved rest from the abundance of Spring and Summer days, I find myself starving for color and light. In those rare moments when my hands are busy but there is no background noise to distract my mind, I often take mental walks through the remembered flower gardens of the warmer seasons. Some of these walks are plotting and scheming about moving this plant or introducing that new flower, dreaming of the days ahead to be spent with my hands in the dirt. But some of the imagined walks are just remembering; the freshness of their floral scent on the air, the unlimited nuances of their colors.

This is how this little pincushion design came to be. “All the pretty flowers (really do) live forever in my heart”.

I hope you enjoy this quick little stitch and that it will always remind you of the sunny days that inevitably will return again and again, with the turning of the earth.

*This design was originally released as an exclusive in January of 2016 for the Ladies' Prim Society club*

Stitch Count: 88 x 90
Model stitched with one thread over two on R & R Reproductions’ 32ct. Stars Hollow Blend

Using thread from Classic Colorworks:
Honeycomb

And from The Gentle Art:
Brethren Blue, Old Red Paint, Endive

And from Weeks Dye Works:
Palomino, Pink Sand

Recommended Additional Materials:
1 fat quarter of co-ordinating cotton fabric
2 ft. chenille trim “Mossy” from Elegant Stitch
Pincushion filler of your choice

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet little pillow/pincushion! Love the colors you used!