Monday, March 19, 2007

My Little Shop of Horrors

Someday, we will have a gigantic greenhouse that is heated in the winter for year-round fresh greens and other fun things. But for now, I am thoroughly excited about my tiny little house; it is only 4' x 6'! The framework was given to us by a friend, and Matt spent a few afternoons stretching plastic and strengthening the structure with cedar strips. The end result- my little shop of horrors, as I have dubbed it. I spent some time yesterday afternoon planting seeds: peppers, tomatoes, lettuce and spinach, several perennial flower varieties, and even some cantaloupe and watermelon, which would otherwise be impossible to grow in our climate. I am so looking forward to what will come. Check back here for updates on my experiments...



1 comment:

Marie said...

That's my girl!! You always have liked playing in dirt!!