Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm about to let you in on a little secret.

I watch So You Think You Can Dance.

Yep.

I can't dance. I was never interested in dance when I was young.

But I am hooked on the beauty of movement and expression that the contestants display. And I love that each season, there seems to be an un-trained street dancer that makes his way into the top group, somehow making each dance style look effortless because he was born to move.

My favorite dancer this season, hands down, is Sasha. Here she is, dancing with Twitch, another favorite of mine, from a previous season:


My next favorite dancer this season is Marko, who dances like a man, yet with artistry, and can do amazing things despite a bullet permanently embedded in his shoulder. Here he dances with Melanie, another season 8 contestant:


Each week on the results show, there are groups from outside the contest that perform. I am often un-amazed by them. But this group left me with my jaw on the floor, and is the real reason I decided to post about this show. Watch:

1 comment:

Katrina said...

You aren't the only one!!! I love SYTYCD. Sasha is so good isn't she?

Some of my favorite dances ever include this one, just because it makes you want to get up and dance with them, and Lauren and Billy were just too cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef8e_JENKNA and this one with Chelsea Hightower:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emy9R7zxAlg.