Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

I always drag my feet when it comes to pumpkin patch time. I can't explain why. I just don't like them. But my kids... they think about field trips to the pumpkin patch with great longing. So, being the good mother that I am, and very glad that their new school lets all of the elementary kids go together instead of splitting into grades, I signed us up.

It rained the day before and it poured the day after, but on the actual day of our field trip, the heavens opened and beams of light and warmth flooded the earth. Which is a very good thing, because I most likely would have called it off otherwise.

We were once again at Liepold Farms in the next community over, and this time, I told the kids, there was no choice for them. If I was going to take them to the pumpkin patch, they were going into the corn maze with me, no complaining allowed.

We picked out pumpkins, posed in plywood cutouts, went on a hayride around the property, and then we conquered the maze.

And I actually had fun.
They wanted to go back again the following weekend with their Dad, but I said no... the pumpkin patch is only a once a year thing. And I'm really, really glad.

No comments: