Friday, December 08, 2017

In Between

I'm certainly not a Grinch when it comes to the Holidays. But I have a confession to make.

My favorite moments during the Christmas season aren't the parties and lights and music.

My heart is the happiest in the moments in between. When frost and woodsmoke are the stars of the show. When December sparkles all by itself, without help from me or General Electric. When there aren't school lessons to complete, so the kids and I can breathe and relax and enjoy quiet moments.

I try my darndest to keep it simple and focus in on what really matters, but it seems that things still get away from me during the holiday season.

But those in-between moments when I can breathe; that is when I find the peace that I know this Season is supposed to be about.




























No comments: