Thursday, October 16, 2008

Playing Again

It started as an interest in re-purposing some vintage costume jewelry that I inherited from my Grandma. Specifically, a few broken necklaces and brooches that I really wanted to be able to wear, but didn't know how to fix them. So, I started browsing on etsy to see what was out there in the way of up-cycled jewelry. Oh boy, this girl who has never really been into jewelry suddenly found herself in a fascinating new realm.

After a really small investment of some tools and parts, here are some of my creations:



And these are the ones I'm NOT going to keep. Stay tuned, because I have a few more odds and ends to gather together, and soon I'll be adding a new category to my etsy store.

4 comments:

The Green Family said...

Beth, can I not just say that you are one of the most talented (if not THE most talented!) and creative person that I know!!! Is there anything you CAN'T do!?! ;-)
Rachel

Beth Twist said...

Rachel, thank you, sweet friend! Yes, I have quite a creative streak in me, I do confess it, and I seem to have a knack for seeing and translating various forms of art. But, I never reveal the not-so-successful creations (never, ever!).

And, don't even THINK about asking me to draw, paint, or sculpt something for you, for you would then quite quickly begin to see the limitations in my abilities.

Denise said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Hazel said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You have a very interesting blog too. Love your designs and jewellery. Your little girl is soo cute. x