Thursday, April 22, 2010

Free Chart for Earth Day

I have never considered myself to be an environmentalist, mentally reserving that term for those passionate activists who chain themselves to logging equipment and live for years at a time in old growth trees.

But, I have always carried a deep and abiding respect for this amazing planet that God created for us to inhabit. We were given a task in the very beginning of creation, to be caretakers of the Land and the Creatures that live in in. And we, along with those that represent us, have been failing miserably the last few generations.

I have steered clear of anything other than lighthearted inspirational posts on this blog, but find myself convicted to instead share more of the deeper issues that I am pondering on and trying to live out. Don't worry... this blog will still remain mostly unchanged, but will begin to dig deeper here and there, as I am convicted in my own heart.

My first assignment to myself is to get you, my blog readers to think about the way that you live and impact the world around you. And since I know that most of you are fellow stitchers, what better way than a free sampler chart? Or in this case, TWO free sampler charts?! The first, inspired by my love for my children, and strong desire for them to live healthy and long lives:

How I see it in color:

The second, inspired by my love for the great outdoors...

Seen in color:

Left click on the charts for an enlarged version, then right click and save to your computer.

As always, feel free to use whatever colors you desire, and use them in whatever way you wish... and I would be very grateful if you gave credit to me if you post photos or links anywhere online, or offer your finished goods up for sale. And I would really, really like to see photos of your finished work as well.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and that as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-George Bernard Shaw

20 comments:

Cynimin said...

I love them both! I hope it will also help the children think more about it also. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for this lovely design! Marilyn

Catherine said...

These are great! I will be printing them out as soon as I get more ink for my printer!! UGH!!

I will have to find a way to adjust the first one - to add a third child and make all three boys! I think I can make it work!

Thanks again!

Teresa S. said...

What a generous way to celebrate Earth Day! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

lovely!!!! Thank you so much you are so kind.

Greetings from Spain.

Dora said...

Thanks for sharing this on Earth Day!

Greyhaven Pines said...

I've had that thought as well, that as ones who believe that God has made this beautiful world we live in, we should endeavor to take care of it -- not to worship the creature rather than the Creator (Romans 1) -- but be good stewards. Margaret Kim Peterson has wonderful wisdom on "aquisition" in her awesome book "House Keeping: The Litany of Everyday Life."

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Thank you so for the two free charts. I love them both.
Let the Holy Spirit lead you and share what the Lord puts on your heart. We would not get to know you and what inspires your stitching if you did not share.
Hope and prayers that you are feeling less under the weather than you did the other day when you posted. I am sure that beautiful retreat spot did wonders for you mind, body and soul.

Myra said...

Thank you so much for the free charts. I really like the one with all the animals. Happy Earth Day!

Diana said...

Thank you so much for designing these patterns for Earth Day and offering them to us. They are both very nice. Thanks for sharing your gift!

corinna said...

what a wonderful gift chart set
thank you so very much

vivi said...

thank you very much !

Anonymous said...

Love the charts and what they stand for; respect you so much for your creative talent...and what you stand for. Thanks for sharing all three :)
babs in alabama

barbara r-g said...

thank you for addressing this very important issue today, our enviroment. i think we worry sometimes about the labels and what they mean to others and really it is about who we are and our way of living here on earth. it should be nothing more than that. it is time we look at are impact on this beautiful planet regardless of our religious beliefs. it is time we give back instead of always taking. thank you for giving these words of inspiration and your beautiful charts.

Karan said...

Thank you for two fabulous & thought provoking charts - the sentiment is dear to my heart, also. :0)

corinne said...

thank you very much, sure I stitch your free chart

haud said...

merci beaucoup pour ces bien jolies grilles!!!

Lady Periphaeria said...

Beautiful samplers, I so see myself stitching these one day!

Thank you!

corinne said...

I stitch your free chart and the photo is on my blog (sorry I don't speak english very well) thank you

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Thank you again Beth for more beautiful designs to stitch on my sampler cloth.