Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fresh Paint

Several years ago, when we first put color on the mud room walls, I, not realizing the error of my ways, chose paint with a matte finish. I loved the idea of having a flat color on the walls, but didn't realize that it would pick up every single fingerprint and speck of dirt in the air, and that washing it with a damp, lint-free towel would do nothing to improve its appearance, but rather, would make it look infinitely worse.

So it is with great happiness that I show you this:

Thanks to my dear friend Connie, who gifted me with her time and talents last week, covering that horrible matte with a new coating of satin. Same color (Roasted Pepper by Miller), but amazingly better and fresher look.

I am so happy!

That door you see leads to the laundry room, hence the pile of baskets, since I am in the midst of washing clothes today.

The #12 Red Wing crock on the floor is the home to every miscellaneous scarf, hat, or glove that the family keeps in circulation. The #2 belonged to my Great-Grandparents (see preceding 2 posts), and the #3 was purchased to keep it company.

The oh-so-primitive cupboard was bought for a song at a local antique show (gotta love the smeared finger stains on the front!), and houses most of our shoes.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

That cupboard is prefectly primitive...I absolutely love it ! And I love the roasted red pepper paint color.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful color! So very pretty and looks gorgeous with your cupboard!

Greyhaven Pines said...

That saturated color is wonderful . . . actually, I like the whole setting. Well done!

Elizabeth

Myra said...

Great color and great cupboard too.

Dora said...

I love that color! Very nice presentation.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Great crocks and cupboard....It all goes very well together!