Friday, April 23, 2010

Green Growing Things

Just a little peek at our up and coming Summer pantry... I can hardly wait!

Broccoli:

Spinach:

Artichoke:

Asparagus, Borage, Pumpkins, Tomatoes, and a few others:

Pansies (they are edible, although I'll probably just eat them with my eyes):

Dandelions (yes... dandelions... stay tuned for the results of my experiment):

Pears (this is the first year with so many blooms- celebrate with me!):

Apples:


We are more than ever determined to learn how to become self-sustaining with most, if not all of our foodstuffs. I'm not crazy about the idea of milking my own cow or goat and making cheese, and we will never be able to grow our own wheat here, but as far as veggies and fruit, and even meat go, I'm ready!

5 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Oh gosh everything looks so GREAT! :) Dandelion jelly maybe? I've heard of it, but never tried it. I'll be watching for your experiment results. We have a YARD FULL of those lil' yellow buttons. (I won't call 'em weeds 'cause they are kinda pretty.) :)

We have had so many blooms on our fruit trees this year too. I'm gonna have to get a hang of that canning thing. :)

Johnson Family said...

I love green growing things! And I can't wait to hear about your dandelion experiment.

Karan said...

May you have a bumper crop from all you grow. :0)

Catherine said...

Yum!! I can't wait for the fresh foods of summer! Mmmmm....my grandfather used to make dandelion wine....

Marie said...

Hopefully you can keep the deer and the neighbors' cattle out of your orchard and garden!! I'm looking forward to sampling some of your wonderful produce, too!