Tuesday, January 04, 2011

And Then it Snowed

The day after Christmas, we were given a lovely dusting of snow.

Do you think that kept my determined husband from starting a little building project outside? Nosirree! (What can it be that he is building? Stay tuned...)

A few days later, the skies opened up and 8 inches of snow fell overnight.


Do you think that kept the Mister from making his way to work? Of course not. Mountain boys aren't afraid of a little snow.

And then the skies cleared, and the temperatures fell, and it remains a snowy, white, powder-filled landscape to this day.





We like living in the Snow Zone!



Of course, the 4-wheel drive decided to go out in my Explorer, so we are now driving a rental while it is in the shop. I don't mind so much though, since the rental is about 15 years newer and much shinier.

Oh, and because I know you will ask, I didn't make the super-cute hat that I'm wearing... it was a Christmas present, which my friend bought for me from this etsy seller.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow! What beautiful pictures! You are lucky to live in such a place!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

WOW What beautiful pictures!!!! What an awesome view you have.

Mary

Robin said...

Your pictures are AMAZING!! You are very blessed to have such views. Have a great day and hope your car gets fixed. (millstonemercantile)