Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why Third Birthdays are Awesome... But First, a Sidenote...

Coming out of Holiday-mode has been very challenging for me this year. With major stuff happening on both sides of the family and a pretty big project going on here as well, my head had been preoccupied to the point of distraction. I haven't been taking many pictures, and the creative ideas that are usually my constant companion seem to have taken a vacation. Its a very good thing I am a planner, because I can simply place one foot in front of the other, finishing designs that were birthed in previous months, floating along in auto-pilot. At some point though, I am going to have to pull myself together, clear my head, and find my muse again.

It doesn't help that our modem is on the fritz, causing my internet connection to be pretty unreliable, and tamping any inspiration I get to share with you here. I think that I will continue to lag behind for at least awhile longer. If you were sitting here with me watching how insanely long it has taken to upload the following pictures, you would understand. I feel like I am back in dial-up mode. (Rejoice with me in the knowledge that my heroic husband managed to get our satellite provider to put a free replacement in the mail; here's hoping it arrives quickly).

Fortunately for her (and us), our 3-year-old doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that her brother got a big family birthday party and she didn't, and that it took her Mama a week and a half to post the pictures. This is why Third Birthdays are Awesome both for her and for us.

She was completely thrilled with her "Birfday Sign!"


Delighted by her mid-day "HA Cho-kit"

Gobbled down her requested "macawoni cheese and bwacowi"

Very studiously enjoyed opening her "Pwesents"

A magnetic "paper" doll! a pizza toy! a new charm for her sterling bracelet! panties! Candy Land!

And finally, the crowning moment... her "Cho-kit Ice Keem Cake wif Spinkels" (Oh, I was so happy to not have to frost and decorate!)

If you don't hear from me again for the next 5-7 days while I wait for my new modem, don't be too concerned. It will only be because I have given up being frustrated with my turtle connection and have found something better to do with my time.

The end.

11 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh, what a doll she is!! I sometimes wish my little girl was still 3... she is 26 :^) I'm glad to hear her "birfday" was exactly what she wanted.

Penny said...

Tracey from the previous post wrote exactly what I was going to say -- What a doll!! Your little 3-year-old is precious. And she did indeed get some great pwesents!
We just had the same situation with our modem - a new one just arrived yesterday -- so all is well again back in our home....

Dora said...

Your birthday girl is precious!
Great photos.

the striped rose said...

Such a little sweetie!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a doll!!! Happy Birthday to your DARLING daughter! I love her birthday banner, too! Great job!

Catherine said...

What a sweetie! I love the picture of her looking at her cake!

Love to Stitch said...

She is just precious! Happy Birthday!

Patty C. said...

Adorable post - Congrats on being the perfect birthday mom - you did a splendid job!!!!

Peggy Lee said...

She is absolutely precious...especially liked the last photo of the candles glowing in her eyes. They grow so fast.

I've just found your blog. How did I possibly miss it before is beyond me! I am delighted to be your most recent follower.

Thanks you bunches for the freebie too. I live far away from my son and new grandson and this little quote rings so true.

Sandy said...

She is just too sweet :) Happy 3rd birthday to a sweet little girl!

Colleen said...

A three-year-old who requests broccoli - I like it!