Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Pocketwatch Ornaments

I had intended on including a link when I posted ornament photos yesterday, but my internet connection has been so lousy lately, and yesterday especially, that I got frustrated and completely forgot about the link.

Several of you asked, so thank you for keeping me on my toes!

I did not make them, but purchased them in this etsy shop. I think that they would be relatively easy to make yourself, if you have a special watch on hand, but I can't offer any advice, since I took the easy route.

She sets the time permanently at 11:55, as if time were frozen on the verge of Christmas Day. And out of the large amount of ornaments she had listed, only two of them had anything to do with trains. Having just watched the Polar Express with the kids a few nights before, my resistance was completely down, and I spent way more money on them than I would normally put out for an ornament. But they are magically delightful, and I haven't regretted the purchase for one second.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Thanks for the link to these pocketwatches! I love them -- and ordered a few for next year!
Love your cute hat, too, but unfortunately, I am not one of those girls that can wear a hat well. 180's and a hood for me!
Your children are darling -- love to see them playing in the snow!

Verde Farm said...

Oh thank you for the link. I just loved them and must have one. I love the Polar Express too. I’ve given every baby I’ve known that book since 1989 when I first read it. :)