Friday, January 18, 2013

*NEW* I Love You Truly (Truly Dear)

We all know the part in Its a Wonderful Life, when George had spent all of the honeymoon funds to save the Building and Loan, only to remember late that it was his wedding day and where was Mary? Remember that part? Then Ernie takes him to the drafty old Granville house that they once threw rocks at, and there is a tropical suite that Mary had been working hard to set up for them. Then, as they kiss, Bert and Ernie serenade them from outside the window...

I love you truly, truly dear,
Life with its sorrow, life with its tears
Fades into dreams when I feel you are near
For I love you truly, truly dear.

Ah! Love, 'tis something to feel your kind hand
Ah! Yes, 'tis something by your side to stand;
Gone is the sorrow, gone doubt and fear,
For you love me truly, truly dear.


That song, written in 1901 by Carrie Jacobs-Bond, represents love at its most basic level, true and dear, in spite of any hardships of life.

This little pair of mini-samplers were inspired by that song, and my Farmboy.

Stitch Count (for each): 84 x 41
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 36ct. Cream linen that was coffee stained before stitching.

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0420 Gold Leaf, 7019 Pomegranate, 7080 Endive
And flosses from Weeks Dye Works: 1331 Brick, 2202 Bullfrog

Fabric backing is from 3 Sisters for Moda collection "Double Chocolat”, in the “Chocolat Rosebuds” pattern.

The frames are antique.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

6 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

LOVE them!!

Tanya

Penny said...

Love them, too!! And I love that scene from It's a Wonderful Life.... it was the first thing I thought of when I first saw the pic!!

Patti said...

I am so excited about your new design! Such a great remembrance of a favorite scene in a favorite movie :) and so appropriate for Valentines Day! My mind is spinning with ideas.... I can't decide, will I stitch them as two pieces or combined? Can't wait to see where my needle will take me....
Hope you have glimpses of improvement in your health each day!
Blessings, Patti

Ashley said...

So pretty! Aint love grand! Glad your beginning to feel better.

Kaisievic said...

That is such a great film and these are two sweet designs. Well done!

P.J. said...

Truly, lovely! I really like the simple sentiment. Catching up on all your posts, glad you are felling well again.