Monday, January 28, 2013

Siesta

Good Monday to you, my dears...

Me and my adrenals are doing well, thank you. Not completely healed and restored to normal, but good enough that I am feeling like myself more often than not.
This has certainly been an educational experience, one that I will most likely elaborate upon more as I feel my head returning to word-formulating normalcy.
I'm doing better enough that I only take one nap each day now, as opposed to the complete opposite. Yes, indeed, the nap-hater was spending most of each day on the couch or in bed, with only one or two brief times of up-and-at-em.
Still don't much like naps, but seem to need them, so in the best interest of getting myself well, I am forcing myself to lay down when the Girlie is taking her afternoon siesta.

It does help that the great outdoors are also taking a long siesta. Somehow its easier to rest, knowing that its the season that our forest spends building up energy for re-birth.
Don't be envious of me and the trees, please. Rather, redirect those emotions into time spent enjoying the energy and joy that you're provided each day.
I know that I surely won't take energy and joy for granted ever again... or at least not for a very long time.

4 comments:

valerie said...

Glad you are feeling better and taking the time to rest up and get well. I'm a terrible napper but they are so nice when I can relax enough to nap.

Faye said...

So glad you are on the mend Beth..... Pace yourself....

Heather said...

So glad you are feeling better. I hope you are back to your normal self soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you're recovering, albeit showly, Beth. I've always been somewhat envious of your former energy. When you're my age, with adult kids, grandkids, cats, horses, etc. to care for, those naps are more like welcome friends. I think of you daily and continue to send good thoughts and healing prayers your way.

Sandy