Wednesday, January 09, 2013

So...

Its not my heart... whew! But I'm growing more convinced that it isn't mono either. So much for MDs and their inability to look outside the box. No offence intended to any MDs out there, but for a doctor to brush particular symptoms aside without further investigation, to me is inexcusable.
Through lots of reading online (as objectively as possible, I might add... as soon as I started to feel anything other than calm and in charge of the information at my fingertips, I shut the laptop down and get back to a peaceful, rational place) I have a hunch as to what is going on.
Not ready to state it here just yet, but if I'm right, it isn't anything super scary, so don't go getting freaked out on my behalf... it may, however take awhile to restore necessary balance. I found a doctor through some searching that has some experience in the area, and booked an appointment for Friday morning. Don't know if I'll get any answers that day or not, but at least it feels like a step in the right direction.
I really and truly appreciate each and every one of you. I know this isn't the type of posting you've grown to expect out of me, but it is real life, after all. I may shield you from the nitty gritty of my daily struggles with housework and bad-Mom moments (there are enough of those blogs out there already), but my intention is to always be honest and true.

Sick Beth has had plenty of moments of frustration at being held back, but she is also learning to abide in the moment and not fret about the things that in the long run, really don't matter.
Oh, and by the way... the Christmas tree is now un-decorated and out the door. It was so crispy, the ex-firefighting Farmboy couldn't handle it anymore and took matters into his own hands. The laundry has all been washed and dried, and awaits our plundering in a huge pile on the loveseat (hey, at least its clean... and fun to jump into, reports the almost-5-year-old).

The dust bunnies, on the other hand, I've begun to name.

17 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

So glad to hear that you might have some answers soon! Bunnies are SO CUTE!! Do dust ones breed as fast as the fur ones?

Sandra said...

Hi Beth,
I so hope you are feeling better very soon. Have had my own set of medical mysteries of late and it can
really get to you. Good luck on Friday.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

Glenna said...

Hopefully you and your doctor(s) are considering the thyroid--it can be an ugly little critter, throwing out all sorts of unpleasant symptoms, which are addressable (in addition to the fatigue, have you gained some weight for no reason, experienced dry skin and thinning hair?). Not to be an armchair M.D., but a number of my friends have been through exactly this (complete with racing heart)--best of luck at getting to the bottom of things and in regaining your health.

Beth Pool said...

Ah yes, the mystery illness. I had a scary trip to the ER that resulted in many tests with no answers. I hope you get some of your questions answered, and can find peace with the unknown. Good job not letting the Internet freak you out! Take care and don't worry about the bunnies unless they start to get all Monty Python on you....run away, run away! Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny isn't it..... :)

Andrea said...

Praying you get the answers you need and back on the road to 100% wellness. Love your designs and your blog and am thankful you share your real life, so I'll know to keep you in my thoughts and prayers..
Beautiful photos too.....you have such an eye for nature's beauty.

xoxo

Vickie said...

Beth you are in my prayers. Have a most wonderful evening.♥

Kelsey said...

Been thinking about you tons. Hope this appointment on Friday gives you some answers.

Marlene said...

With our health we need to be pro-active and assertive. Doctors are only human too. I'm glad you've taken your intuitive ideas to the next step. I hope you find the answers soon.
I love the idea of naming the dust bunnies. I think I'll try that.
:)

Anne said...

Hope you find you answers. Hmm, maybe thats what to do, leave the tree until he decides its too long there! Happy Day to you!! :)

Katrina said...

Hope you get some answers and are feeling better soon!!!!! I so agree with being proactive, you know your body best. You could have your thyroid checked too, an imbalance can cause all kinds of issues?

Maureen said...

Oh boy, I'm with Glenna on the thyroid: been there, done that! Heart, fatigue - ugh. I hope your mystery is solved soon!!

Diana said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you have some answers soon to what's going on.

Melissa said...

It's good to know that you are taking your health into your own hands and being proactive in seeking more answers. Prayers will continue that you will feel better soon! Take care!

Connie said...

Dust bunnies? Not a problem until the spiders start decorating their webs with them! And even then, they'll keep until you're ready to deal with them.

I hope thing go well with the new Dr.

marly said...

Hope answers and healing come quickly. Take care of yourself.

Sarah Beth said...

Beth..hang in there. I have been where you are. It took doctors five years to diagnose what I was suffering from...though my illness was very rare. Good job on keeping perspective. Now that we have the internet it is a lot easier to search out answers. But it can be scary for sure. From someone who deals with chronic illness all the time I think your attitude is awesome:-) I'm praying you will feel better very soon:-)

Siobhán said...

Beth, I hope you get things sorted soon! I second what Glenna said about the thyroid. I have hypothyroidism and it seems like it's so common that a lot of doctors overlook it. I have to be proactive (the nice way of saying a PITA!) about getting mine checked and the levels sorted, my medication upped if I need it, etc. Also, just wanted to mention that a few years ago I was going through some problems. I couldn't walk up the stairs without feeling like my heart was going to bound out of my chest, I was exhausted, deathly pale, etc. I finally went to the doctor to get my thyroid levels checked again and mentioned, oh yeah, could they also check my iron levels because I'm anemic. I got a call that afternoon that the dr thought I should get a blood transfusion because my levels were so low. I got on a large supplement of iron right away and had some female stuff sorted and things are better. I never thought anemia could affect so many things, but I did some googling and found that it affects the heart, etc. Anyway, all stuff that I just thought I should mention because it was so simple with the answer right there, but I was so concerned that it was worse.

Hang in there! Happy new year to you & yours.