Monday, January 07, 2013

And Then Some More...

Hi everyone... thanks for bearing with me while I unplugged for an entire week. I know you've been wondering how I'm doing. Short story... I'm feeling a bit better.
But unfortunately, I'm still not back to even near full steam. I seem to have a hormonal imbalance, mono, or a heart arrhythmia... or all three... or none of the above. Really.

I'm also sad that school starts back up again today. Having my boy close by these last few weeks, with his hugs and offers to help, has been a balm for my heart. He was giving me a hug yesterday, and said, "Whenever I hug you, I feel like I'm melting".  

Me = instantly undone.
We'll know right away about the heart, since I wore a halter all weekend, and will get it turned in for evaluation this morning, and I'll be seeing my OBGYN on Friday, with a detailed timeline of the last few months to see if she has any insight to clear the air.
I may or may not start spending time posting this week. It will all depend on whether I can start peeling myself off of the couch for longer periods of time.

All this stillness has been both good and miserable. Forced rest and not feeling well in the midst of what should be Christmas happiness, well... it stinks. But the good side is all that time I've had away from the distraction of Pinterest and Facebook and housework.

Lots of time to think about the things that really matter.

There are huge dust bunnies lurking in corners and the Christmas tree is still fully lit and decorated. Mail is piling up on the counter, and I'm scared to look at the laundry hampers.


But the Farmboy has kept the kitchen running, my water glass full, and the kids in happy moods. And I am centered, reinforced, re-grounded in the core of my beliefs in a way that I haven't felt in a very long time.

And I'll have you know that in the midst of many restless, sleepless nights, I came up with SUCH a great design idea. I've got it mostly figured out, now I just have to spend some time putting it together. Can you wait?

Too bad... you'll have to.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your health turns around quickly. REST and recover. I love your blog and miss you but don't rush back.

Cindy Huxtable

MJ Hunt said...

Your rest/health is more impt than anything else. It will all be there when you've fully recovered. Blessings MJ

gracie said...

I do hope you will soon feel better. Can we wait? now that is a silly question!

Jessica said...

"Unplugging" its what I call it. I love it and when you said, "Lots of time to think about the things that really matter," that struck me close to heart.
This post was beautiful.
You're sick and miserable but the language you used and voice I read was stunningly beautiful.
Hope you feel better.
I am apart of the medical wonders as well. Hopefully they can actually give you an answer and even better a solution.
Take your time "unplugging" none of us are going anywhere and we will be here when you get back!

Sending love and good thoughts your way
-Jess

Anne said...

Hope you keep on the road to feeling better! All the best! :)

Joanie said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Feel better.

On a side note, have they checked your thyroid...I've similar symptoms and that's what it turned out to be for me...

MartyG said...

I hope you feel better ASAP. I will wait very patiently for the new design so you don't have any pressure while you are on the mend.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to read that you are on your way recovering and that the doctors are working on the solution. Ahhh - faith :) I look forward to seeing the new design. Keep getting better.

Connie said...

It's good to see you feeling a bit better! I hope your Dr.'s are able to identify the problem and get you back on the road to a full recovery.

Chris said...

Dear Beth,
I hope that the tests come back with good new and the Drs come up with an quick fix. Maybe you just needed the rest. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Heather said...

Beth, I hope they get it figured out soon and that you start feeling better.