Sunday, December 27, 2015

Mama Got Macro

Several years ago, the Farmboy gave me a set of extension tubes for my then-camera, that allowed me to take macro images without the expense of a real lens.

They were a fun toy that I used off and on, but they were a bit tricky to work with, and usually the photos fell short of what I wanted. I haven't said a word to him about wishing I had a better option for macros in the years since then, so imagine my surprise and delight when I opened my gift from him on Christmas morning and found the real thing (for curious minds, it's a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8).

It isn't super high-powered, so don't expect close up images of snowflakes or insect eyeballs, but it is a wonder nontheless, and perfect for the things I have often wanted but couldn't get close enough to capture before.

1 comment:

Halland House Gifts said...

I am so excited for you, Beth! I know you will love it. The snow lover in me is loving the ice crystal shots.