Monday, October 12, 2009

New Pattern Release... Anna's Prayer

Here she is...

The quote that I used for this design, I originally saw on an 1808 sampler. After a tiny bit of research, I discovered that the words are part of a poem called Address to the Deity by Anna Laetitia Barbauld, published along with a collection of her other poems in 1825. Hence, the title, "Anna's Prayer".

The model was stitched over-one on 26 count cloth from my stash (not sure of the maker or type) using DMC floss. Stitch Count: 175 by 224. Thrift store frame re-finished by yours truly.

You may purchase the chart by contacting me directly, or through my etsy shop.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

A very beautiful sampler!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Anna's Prayer is absolutely beautiful, Beth!
I love the colors and the verse is so touching.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/