Wednesday, November 09, 2011

*NEW* Humility Sampler

My inspiration for this design was a wonky border on an old sampler, a basket of fruit on another, a sweet old saying, and the color blue.

This little design started one morning as a need to get that border out of my brain, and kept growing until it was finished being designed a mere few hours later. It was a fun and quick stitch, and may possibly be one of my very favorites to date.

Stitch Count: 179 x 90

Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 35ct. Straw linen

Using flosses from The Gentle Art:
0930 Deep sea, 1110 Sable, 7007 Cidermill Brown, 7077 Cucumber, 7080 Endive

Frame by Valley House Primitives (isn't that the best Picket design you ever saw?).

This chart is now available for purchase in my etsy shop or directly through me via email, and may soon be available in a needlework shop near you.

4 comments:

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Just wonderful. Possibly my favorite too.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Oh Beth this is just lovely.
I have been so enamoured with all those fluffy butterballs in the last couple of months that I had almost forgotten what originally had drawn me to your blog.
I have my Paypal account at the ready...
Liz x

Catherine said...

Another must have for me!!! Gotta get stitching!

Laurie said...

Beth, I love this one! I hope we see it soon at Acorns & Threads :-)

Laurie