Thursday, November 03, 2011

Lets Talk Turkey

I think I want a pet turkey.

Just so I can look him in the eye and have a gobble-off every so often.

Turkeys are strange, clumsy, and somehow super-cool looking all at the same time.
Sort of like me. Or like Josh Krajcik on the XFactor, who has perhaps my new most-favorite-voice-of-all-time, but who looks like the burrito maker that he was in his former life.

But I digress.

I like turkeys. A lot. Possibly because I was born in November, and every several years celebrate my birthday on Thanksgiving.

I don't have a collection, unless the combined grouping of a cookie cutter, sampler, table runner, and mug count as a collection.
I decided last year that I need a Turkey to hang on my kitchen wall during the Thanksgiving season, and have been letting the idea simmer in my head ever since. But with the season now upon me, all of the lingering pieces have come together, and I am in the midst of stitching up a turkey out of wool pieces.
I absolutely adore wool applique work. In between projects I forget just how much I love it.
This fellow will be revealed in all his completed splendor very soon.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I'm so glad to hear that I am not alone in my love for turkeys :) There is just something about them! Lana of Honeysuckle Lane had wonderful stories of her pet turkey until he disappeared... I have a photograph of him that I keep close by my stitching (I guess I shouldn't admit publicly to that...)
Oh please say that you will release this design as a pattern.
Oh pretty please ;)
Blessings, Patti
p.s. I'm finishing up "Let us be truly thankful" as we speak. Hopefully I'll be sending you a pic soon!