Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anticipation

To help fuel the growing excitement in our household, I gave a little assignment to the kiddos: write a letter to your favorite Disney character, letting them know that you'll be visiting soon.

The 4 1/2 year old chose Snow White (even though she hasn't seen the movie yet). I thought her artistic rendering of her favorite princess was pretty amazing. Not to mention her letter formation... I gave no help with placement or penmanship, only guiding her letter choice to make sure it was at least readable.
The First Grader was planning to write his letter to Lightning McQueen, but changed his mind at the last minute.
 
When I asked why he had changed his mind, my sweet boy said, "Well, I thought maybe Mater didn't get as many fan letters as McQueen".

Awwww...

Please, world... let my little boy grow up to be just as sensitive to others' feelings when he's 16, 26, 36, 46... well... forever.

4 comments:

gracie said...

Too cute.

Marie said...

Awww! I love both of these. thanks for posting!

Joy said...

So sweet...love those children.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that melted my heart. So sweet :)
My nephew's favorite character is Mater because they like to try and replicate his accent. Love that he wrote, "Tow-Ma-Ter"

Also, very impressed with the drawing of Snow White, I don't even think I could draw her that well!