Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This One is Pretty Sweet Too

My kids see me stitching and sewing all the time. After repeatedly showing interest, I got them both started on a project of their own a few years ago.

While Little Miss has a short attention span and is still working on her first attempt, my Boy has advanced to project number two.
And this time a larger hoop, dangling thread tail (instead of looping it through the eye for him).
He has been given full supervised access to the colors in my DMC organizer, carefully choosing what he thinks is just the right shade for each section.
AND... he is stitching one of his own designs! I transferred (by tracing with a pencil) his favorite drawing of Mario onto plain white cotton material.
This is how we spent a few Summer afternoons together, just enjoying each others' company.
Sitting under a shade tree on our picnic quilt, chatting about nothing.
I hope he doesn't grow out of his interest in stitching with me any time soon.

6 comments:

Devon said...

I love it, that is so awesome..hopefully he will keep with it..
Devon

gracie said...

It is so great to be able to pass our creative energy. Be sure to post his project when he is finished. He seems so intent!

Marie said...

So sweet! Enjoy these times with him while you can. I know you do, and he does too. I love it!

Vickie said...

That is wonderful. My fourteen year old daughter has lost interest. Hopefully just for now. I hope she picks it back up some day.

joann boswell said...

Awesome. I love it.

Chris said...

You are right! How wonderful.