Tuesday, December 27, 2011

*New* Let It Snow

How about one more design for 2011? I was originally planning to release this in January, but I just can't help myself.

We are all super ready for SNOW to come again, so why wait? Get the word out! Let it Snow!
Inspired by the graphic appeal of woven antique coverlets from the beginning of the 1800’s, with Pinetree and Snowball patterns.

This is my own interpretation, combining elements from coverlets by different makers, and with the addition of those irresistible lyrics from one of my favorite Winter songs.

Let It Snow!, written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne in 1945…

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Stitch Count: 135 x 121

Model stitched on Northern Cross 40ct Cream linen that was tea-stained prior to stitching.

Using thread from The Gentle Art: 7055 Uniform Blue

The lovely frame is an antique.

My Shadow is now available in my etsy shop and will be going out to my distributors soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

3 comments:

Chris said...

Very pretty!

barbara said...

Oh what utter fabulousity! I just ordered this. I love it!!

Peggy Lee said...

You are not helping my stash reduction efforts.

Pssst...thank you!