Saturday, January 17, 2009

Busy Beaver

Whew! What a week! You stitchers out there have kept me busy printing and mailing patterns! I usually make it to town just once, maybe twice a week to pick up mail and groceries, but with all of the orders coming in, and checks arriving in the mail, I was at the post office 4 times, taking just one day off. So my blog has been lacking in posts, a matter which I intend to remedy now.

For starters, I'll share a few of the other things I have been up to in the weeks since Christmas...

I happily pulled all of my regular decorative items out and packed Christmas away for another year. I had fun re-arranging my piano-top display to incorporate my wooden boxes and little wooden shoe-form that I received as a gift.

The figurine was given to me by my Mama on my Firstborn's birthday. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the designer of the series, but I'm sure you all know her work... I love how it looks perched on top of this little silverplate vignette.

I finally found a spot to hang that vintage CHERRY RED wall box that belonged to my grandmother (made by my uncle in the mid-50's)... it displays perfectly one of the many doilies that she crocheted in her life.

I stole my friend Lorraine's idea and turned an old crock into a napkin-holder:

I covered two thrift store hat boxes with reproduction fabrics; I've been meaning to do this for a very long time! The overflowing junk drawer and arrival of new fabrics in the mail finally got me going... now I have a pretty place to hide away my framing and finishing supplies for those samplers and papercuttings.

I finished Betty's Two Birds Needlebook. I received the pattern for Christmas, and finally finished it just last night. Now I can't wait for an opportunity to take a stitching project on the road!

I did add a few of my own touches... the button closure, thread winder, and scissor pocket were my additions.

I have also been making progress on my latest sampler design... I'm probably 3/4 of the way done. And, I have started listing on ebay again after taking the month of December off.

Now if only someone would come mop my floors and catch up on laundry for me...

3 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Your home & decorations are beautiful! Makes me want to re-do everything here! :)

Julie said...

Busy, busy beaver, or bee, indeed. I can't believe all that you've gotten done. I saw your needlecase on Betty's blog and I was in awe. I think it's the best needlecase and scissor case I've ever seen. Really! I love the fabrics and color choices you made. It's so so gorgeous!

Sherry said...

Love your decor touches! The figurine is by Willow Tree I think (don't quote me LOL). I have one by them too only mine is a bird lady.