Friday, January 23, 2009

Lovely Surprises

It seems that lately there have been some nice, unexpected happenings around here. For starters, we have been enjoying beautiful, sunny, warm (if you consider temps in the upper 40s to low 50s warm!) weather. January? Is this really YOU???

A miniature sun-drenched landscape...

After laying down on the grass to enjoy the warm sunshine, Jack said, "Mama, I need a book"... That's MY boy!

While shopping for inexpensive clothes for a growing Katie, I stumbled across this shirt on Old Navy's web site. A sampler shirt? Seriously? It makes me very HAPPY. Now if only I could find it in my size...

Matt, who has been NEEDING a closed-in wood shop for YEARS, finally is able to get started. And, as he was planning it out, he "found" a few key pieces of lumber that he forgot he had stashed under a tree. Then, as he was putting the framing in, he didn't have to move one single piece of gravel to get the floor level, because he did such a great job of spreading it out in the first place!

Jan sent me a picture of her almost-finished "Come Buy my Sweet Flowers". Have I told you before just how much I love seeing how my designs look when stitched up by others??? Speaking of my designs, check out how Tanya finished "I Will Stitch You in My Heart". Love it!

And a beautiful bouquet of tulips arriving on my doorstep... from, of all sources, the owners of the company Matt works for, in appreciation for the long hours he has been needing to put in lately. Yes, the tulips were addressed to ME, not him!

What lovely surprises have happened in your life lately?

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Aren't Old Navy clothes GREAT! I'm going to have to see if I can find that shirt in Rowen's size!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

LOVE Katie's Sampler Shirt!

let meknow if you DO find it in adult sizes???

too sweet~

Hugs!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

Beth Twist said...

I went back to their web site yesterday, and can't find it anywhere... boo. I was going to get another larger one for next winter.

I may need to make some inquiries.

Julie said...

Jack looks so much like mama! And Katie's shirt is to die for. I think you've opened a can of shirt-finders. LOL