Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Sampler... Almost Done!

A few of you have asked, so I thought I would share my progress with you... this sampler design was created because I saw an old original for sale on ebay that I LOVED, but could not afford. So I sat down at my computer and picked away at the design for a week or two until I had a new sampler that has an overall look like the old one... Naive, like it was stitched freehand without aid of teacher or book. With ships and houses and animals and... cakes!

I have just a tiny bit of stitching to do in the lower right corner, then a section of lettering to add to the bottom, and it will be ready (perhaps I'll finish while "watching" the Superbowl?)! I know it is another large sampler, and many of you prefer the small ones, but can I just say just how much FUN it has been to stitch up? All those little motifs are so different from each other, and lots of colors too.

Hopefully it will be ready for an early February release.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Beth, this sampler is stunning! I completely believe you ~ it does look fun to stitch. I enlarged the photo and the motifs and muted coloring looks intriguing and exciting. I can't wait until you're finished. :o)

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Christi said...

You ought to break it up for those who want smaller patterns. They could buy the large or the small or the whole set. You could do the ship and a grouping of the cakes...Just a thought :)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! Definitely on my must have list :-). I am off to order the Valentines release now :-).

Karen said...

Beth- This is just beautiful! I love everything about it. I just had to comment because it took my breath away- I love the cakes! Enjoy the day-karen

Nancy said...

I love your sampler! It looks like it will be pure joy to stitch.

Jeana said...

I am seriously in love with this! It would be perfect in my guest room! I haven't cross stitched in a long time but I will take it up again for this design. Please let me know when you release the pattern. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sampler. I'll be looking out for this one.

Sherry said...

Wow! I love this and definitely have it on my "to get" list!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

This is one beautiful Sampler Bethgirl!

I can't wait till it's finished...I want some patterns for my shop!


xoxoxox