Thursday, January 01, 2009

Quiet

It's 8:15 New Year's Day 2009. I am the only one awake in my quiet house. It is QUIET and Still, and oh, SO nice! The pouring rain outside is helping to melt away the last of our snow. The living room is full of piled up wrapping paper and boxes from our final Christmas celebration yesterday. And my heart is full.

I have been so very blessed in my life, and 2008 was definitely not an exception.

We were given a beautiful daughter, who has enlivened our family with her feisty ways.

Our Boy has grown into a sweet and loving pre-schooler; never a day goes by without him saying to me, "Mama, I love you so, so, So, SO Much!"

Matt continues to be my rock in the midst of many tired, disconnected, frazzled days. We have been blessed with consistent work for him, the sole financial supporter of our family, in times that are increasingly tough economically.

My little business has been growing steadily over the course of the year, and I have SO enjoyed meeting many new people, and developing new friendships.

Our extended families continue to be a vital part of our life, and we even found some long-lost relatives living right here in Sandy (that will be another post...coming soon).

There is nothing that we or I have ever done, or could ever do to deserve the Grace that gives us Certain Hope in our Eternal Home, and this is the blessing that makes me the most Grateful of all.

Peace, Hope, and Love to you this New Year, my Dear Friends and Family!

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Ahhh. That's what it's all about, right? Family, the ties that bind. :D

BEST WISHES!!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year Beth! Your winter wonderland looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Chiloe said...

Happy new year full of wonderful stitching !!! :)