Friday, January 02, 2009

My Go-Away-Snow Snowman...

I realize that although it has been hampering my travel away from the house way too much lately, I still find that Snow inspires Photography. It transforms our usual landscape into something magical, and our humble little home becomes a dreamy chalet.

The neighboring horse pasture rolls and swells to the treeline, and billowing clouds echo the snowy white. But wait, what is that I see at the bottom of the scene?

There isn't supposed to be a CREEK flowing across our driveway...

All of the torrential rain from yesterday had to go Somewhere, and it found the shortest way to Bear Creek was across the field and down over our drive...

Pretty, isn't it? In a destructive sort of way...

Now on to lighter, funner, more entertaining things; my "Snow, Snow, Go Away, Come Again Some Other Day" Snowman.

Nutmeg eyes, a Carrot nose, Cloves for a mouth, and don't forget the pipe!

No, he didn't make it, but Jack thinks he's pretty cool, and oh, SO originally named him "Frosty".

Lightning McQueen ate Thomas in order to be featured in this photo shoot.

And I couldn't resist sharing this sweet moment...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I still can't believe ALL that snow. Jack is too sweet! I love that Frosty.